The differences between Oracle Database 9i, 10g,11g and 12c
With Oracle Database 9i and 10g now both out of support, you should be thinking about an Oracle Database Upgrade to Oracle 11g or 12c?
With each release there is is always improvements and new features.
Here are some key features of Oracle Database 9i, 10g and 11g;
- Providing High avaliability
– improved clusterware
- Introduction of VIP’s for RAC
|Further RAC Improvements
- Faster failover of services
- Grid Plug&Play allowing seamless additions/removal of nodes
- Detection of gasps and automatic resolution
- Realtime apply and log compressions
- Fast start failover added
|Active DataGuard added
- Standby Database can now be queried whilst redo apply is active
|Backup and Recovery
- Block level recovery
- Improved reporting and automation
|Data Pump added
- Extract and import data faster than ever
- ASM Cluster FileSystem (ACFS) Introduced
- Virtual Columns added
Oracle Database Comparison
DSP have extensive experience across all Oracle database versions, Oracle Database upgrades and Oracle Database consultancy.
Oracle Database 12c - what is new?
There are a host of new features that are now available with Oracle database 12c, including multitenant architecture which enables you to run pluggable databases in a multitenant container database. There are also many improvements in areas such as Big Data, Data security and Storage optimisation, which are key areas which will help drive future business growth.
More information on Oracle12c can be downloaded here.
If you are interested in upgrading your Oracle database please contact DSP at email@example.com